I am a Mobile Senior Software Engineer who strives for well crafted software, and using CI&CD to deliver value to organisations.
Moonpig Ltd 2017-06-01 —
Photobox is an online photo printing company. As part of their mobile team I worked on improving the conversion rate of their checkout module and improving their legacy codebase.
Tigerspike Ltd 2016-09-01 — 2017-05-30
Tigerspike is a digital products company that specialises in Mobile application development.
- Won 2 times since becoming Senior the "Values award", as voted by colleagues on a monthly basis.
- Acted as Tech Lead for a highly complex project, managing up to 8 developers.
- Took part on global Android SME meetings.
- Took part on recruitment, interviewing scores of candidates, ranging from Associate to Tech Lead, for SET, Android SE and FullStack SE roles.
Tigerspike Ltd 2014-09-01 — 2016-09-01
Worked as an iOS and Android Software Engineer. Taking part in Agile projects using Scrum and Kanban.
- Won 2 times the "Values award", as voted by colleagues on a monthly basis.
- Migrated Objective-C codebases to Swift.
- Managing Jenkins CI&CD jobs for Android & iOS.
- Built a wrapper around Fastlane to run CI and CD jobs for multiple projects using a YAML configuration file in Ruby.
- Migrated Bash CI scripts to Ruby.
TechIdeas 2011-02-01 — 2014-08-01
Worked as a Software Engineer for a small agency where I learnt several different languages and frameworks.
- Developed an infrastructure management desktop application for industries using Eclipse RCP.
- Developed backends using PHP + MySQL
- Developed backends using Java + MySQL
- Developed backends using NodeJS + MongoDB
- Developed Android & iOS apps.
- Developed apps for the banking industry and the city council, which required high levels of security.
Open University of Catalonia 2013-01-01 — 2016-01-01
- Mobile Development
- Project Management
- Image processing
Polytechnic University of Catalonia 2008-09-01 — 2010-07-01
Tigerspike Values Awards x 4
SSG4Env is a semantic sensor grid architecture whose main objective is to detect possible future floods at southern England. I took part in the last few months of the project and authored 4 publications alongside University professors and other professionals involved in the EU project. The website is currently down.
Computer Science fundamentals
- Design Patterns
- Architectural patterns
- Memory management
- Garbage collection vs Reference Counting
- Functional programming
- Reactive Functional Programming
- Thread management
iOS Mobile development
Android Mobile development
- Android SDK
Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Travis CI
- Xamarin (C#)
- Titanium Appcelerator
- Functional Programming
- Swift in the backend
- Backends at scale
Josep is the swiss army knife of mobile develop. He is proficient in depth in so many technologies that is normally the go-to guy when you want things done quickly and properly. He adapts to any situation, responsible and committed. He is always on the ready and enjoys a good challenge. Personally he is really fun to be around, amazing personality and a great team member infecting everyone around with good mood and positive vibes independently of the situation of a project which is something invaluable these days. The real challenge for you is to challenge him.
— Pablo Dimenza, Director of Technology at EG+ Worldwide
— Rui Silvestre, Senior Mobile Tech Lead at HSBC